CHINA ADVENTURE SCHOOL TOUR
There are few destinations as remarkable, or as thoroughly exciting as China. It is home to the world’s oldest continuous civilization and will have students bumping into history at every turn!
China is an amazing country which is rich with fascinating history, art, natural beauty, and many UNESCO World Heritage sites and is the perfect destination for cross curricula value.
Students will gain new perspective as they explore the most culturally rich nation on earth. On this “adventure” tour, students will hike the Great Wall, marvel at the imposing buildings of Beijing's Forbidden City, explore the tranquil lakes and imperial gardens of the Summer Palace, visit Tiananmen Square, the Panda research Centre and witness the impressive sculpted warriors of the Terracotta Army.
This is a suggested itinerary only and can be changed to suit each individual school group. We can specifically tailor each itinerary to ensure that we meet your schools learning objectives and requirements. Whether your students are travelling for a specific topic or looking for something with the cross-curricula value we can meet all of your requirements.
Trip code : CNSC92
Duration : 10 days
Destination : China
Travel Dates : All year round
- Learn about the history, culture and traditions of China
- Develop a greater understanding of Chinese history
- Engage in studies of society and environment
- Participate in team building exercise
- Enhance perspectives, develop appreciation for diversity and differences
- Develop communication skills within peers and in a foreign environment
- Discover a world more beautiful, diverse and colorful than any textbook could ever portray
- Develop skills for students through a meaningful overseas experience
- Visit the Forbidden City
- Walk along the great wall of China
- Take high-speed train to Xi’an.
- See the Terracotta warriors - a burial site of 8,000 lifelike soldiers
- Visit an ancient Water Town in Shanghai
- Visit the Giant Panda Research centre
- Walk through vibrant Shanghai, a symbol of modern China
On arrival in Beijing, your group will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel.
After settling in, your guide will meet you at the hotel lobby for a tour briefing and then enjoy a welcome dinner.
Overnight in Beijing.
Today after breakfast we depart for a city tour of Beijing.
Our first stop is the Temple of Heaven to see classic imperial Chinese architecture. The Temple of Heaven is considered to be the most important imperial temple in Beijing. It is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design and is where emperors worshiped the god of heaven and prayed for good harvests.
We continue to learn about China’s fascinating imperial history with a visit to Tiananmen Square. Tiananmen Square is the largest city square in the world and the spiritual heart of China, where the national flag is raised exactly at sunrise every day.
Our last stop is the Forbidden City which is China's most glorious palace and one of the most well-preserved heritage sites and has been the home of 24 emperors!
Overnight in Beijing.
Today after breakfast we travel out of the city to a secluded and beautiful section of the Great Wall of China, where we will hike and discover this famous UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Great Wall is the most famous symbol of China and one of the world's most remarkable architectural wonders, built over 2,000 years ago and stretches for about 6,700 Km.
After lunch we visit the Summer Palace, which is said to be the best-preserved imperial garden in the world, and the largest of its kind still in existence in China. We will have time to walk through the spectacular grounds and take a wooden boat across the picturesque lake.
Overnight in Beijing.
After breakfast, we leave Beijing and travel by fast train to Xian. Upon arrival, your group will be met at the train station and transferred to your hotel.
This afternoon, we will cycle around the top of Xi’an’s ancient city walls. These Ancient City Walls are the largest and best-preserved ancient fortress in the world. It is also the thickest “wall” in the world, and students can ride a bicycle on the top for spectacular views out over the city.
Overnight in Xian.
This morning we tour the city of Xian. Our first stop is Big Wild Goose Pagoda, which is regarded by many as a symbol of the city. The pagoda was built in 652 A.D in Tang Dynasty to house the sutras brought back from India by the famous monk Xuan-zang. Fountain Square in front of the Pagoda is perfect place to witness the local people going about their daily lives.
This afternoon we visit the Terracotta Warriors. The Terracotta Warriors were discovered in 1974 by local farmers digging a well – and are one of the most significant archeological finds of the 20th century. These 6,000 life-size painted terracotta warriors and horses --individually sculpted from real-life models and arranged in battle formation have been protecting the mausoleum of the first emperor in Chinese history—Emperor Qin Shi Huang since 2,200 years ago.
Overnight in Xian.
This morning after breakfast we travel by fast train from Xian to Chengdu. On arrival at the train station in Chengdu your group will be transferred to your hotel.
This afternoon we discover the highlights of Chengdu by bike. This bike tour will take you past all the must-see landmarks such as the Tibetan Quarter, the Jinjiang River, Sichuan University, Tianfu Square, People’s Park, Jinli Street, Wenshu Buddhist Temple, and much more.
Overnight in Chengdu
Today will be spent at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. Chengdu Panda Base not only takes care of breeding pandas, but also focuses on providing interactive activities that teach students about pandas and their protection and conservation.
Afterwards we visit The Giant Panda Museum, which is the world's only museum that focuses entirely on the giant panda. During the tour students will learn about the endangered Panda’s and what can be done to save this species. Specimens of panda food are displayed, and the museum also houses many large true-to-life exhibits of giant pandas in their natural environment in ancient times and in their present wild habitats.
Overnight in Chengdu.
This morning we transfer your group to the airport for the short flight to Shanghai. On arrival your group will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel.
This afternoon we will set out on a walking tour to discover “Old Shanghai”, and see how traditional lifestyles intersect with a modern megacity. Students will take part in a Chinese tea ceremony in a traditional teahouse and then have time to explore the local vibrant markets and authentic local streets.
Overnight in Shanghai.
This morning after breakfast we set off for a full day tour of Shanghai. First, we visit the Shanghai Museum, which is the largest museum in China. It houses a fine collection of over 120,000 pieces of Chinese artifacts and is considered the best museum in China. A visit here is like a walk through the history book of China.
Next, we visit Yu Garden, a classic Chinese garden with a beautiful landscape of pagodas, pavilions, rockeries, fountains, ancient trees, and precious flowers. You will be amazed at how advanced garden landscaping was about 400 years ago.
We travel through The Bund where the great trading houses and banks had their headquarters in 1920s and 1930s, and our guide will provide students with an insight into the development of Shanghai over the years. Our last stop of the day is the Shanghai Tower where students can take the “express” elevator and then climb to the Shanghai Tower observation deck for amazing views out over the city.
Overnight in Shanghai.
This morning we transfer your group to the airport. End of our services.
For operational reasons and passenger safety, Tweet World Travel and its suppliers reserve the right to change, vary, modify or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour/cruise as considered necessary.
All of our tours require a reasonable level of fitness. Every traveller on our tours is required the ability to walk around sights on uneven surfaces in both urban and rural / mountainous areas unaided. You'll be getting on and off coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
Please read our itinerary carefully for outline of fitness level to help you select the right holiday for you.
• All persons must be fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
• All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
Our group size ranges from only 2 to 16 people. This means less of your precious time is wasted waiting for others, allowing you to have more time to enjoy your holiday.
For group tours with 10 travellers or more, in addition to the tour guide, we will provide a dedicated tour director (free of charge) who will escort the tour from the beginning to the end.
Our itinerary features sumptuous Welcome and Farewell Dinners for a delightful, authentic culinary experience, whereas the special Chef’s Table experience will take you on an unparalleled culinary demonstration and beautiful menu to feast on.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will do our best to meet your request/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that it can always be accommodated.
• Room Information: All rooms are air-conditioned, Fridge/ Mini Bar in room, Safe box in room
• Triple Share: Available upon request
• Bedding Configuration: Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
• Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms: Available upon request (subject to availability).
• Laundry service is available at hotels/resorts where you will stay during the tour and will incur additional charges if used
• Massage service is available at hotels where you will stay during the tour and will incur additional charges if used.
After purchase, you are required to make a deposit or full payment for your order. Please note most of our deposit is non-refundable. Please check your booking and your invoice for the Terms and Conditions which apply specifically to your booking.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please refer to our cancellation terms.
• Any special requests, preferences MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form
• Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges
Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise to the same destination, departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The new tour/cruise must be at the same cost or higher but cannot be at lower cost than the initial cruise/ tour booked. If the passenger chooses the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
• Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making the deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
• Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares or third-party fees and charges.
• Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours. It is your responsibility to make sure your room is secure.
In general, tipping is widely accepted as a way to show your appreciation of good service but is not compulsory. Tipping is expected and often makes up a large part of people's wages.
• If you are happy with services provided by your tour guides and drivers, a tip is appreciated. Recommended tips - For the guides and drivers - $6US per day per passenger.
• If travel on a river cruises and happy with the services provided by your crews and service onboard. Recommended tips - For the crews and guides - $10US per day per passenger.
All of our tours will include internal flights within the tour, which allow 20kg of check-in luggage and 7kg of carry-on luggage per passenger. A surcharge may apply for oversized/overweight luggage subject to the airline's policy.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours/cruises. It is your responsibility to make sure your room/cabin is secure.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage or other personal belongings.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
You need to provide us your Travel Insurance details upon booking, or at least before 30 days prior to your departure.
If you do not have travel insurance prior to your departure, we retain the rights to refuse boarding/joining our tours or cruises. We might refund / provide travel credits for you, less any unrecoverable fees including but not limited to admin fees, visas fees, other suppliers’ cancellation fees. We won’t be held liable for any costs associated with this matter.
- 24/7 local assistance and travel guidance
- Medical kit
- Airport Meet-and-Greet welcome service with local tour guide
- Destination and trip Information Packs
- A unique "local-host" experience exclusively offered by Tweet World Travel
- China Visa
- Domestic flights within the tour in the economy cabin from Chegdu to Shanghai
- Stay at excellent hand-selected high-quality 3-star and 4-star accommodation in central location or adjacent to monuments or strategically at the edge of a wilderness.
- We guarantee that students will be located together within the same area in hotels
- Entrance fees at monuments
- Comprehensive sightseeing as per itinerary:
- Beijing City Tour
- Great Wall Trek
- Xian city and bike tour
- Terracotta Warriors Tour
- Shanghai City Tour
- Entrance to Shanghai Tower
- Giant Panda Research Centre
- All local government fees & tax
- Arrival and departure airport transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
- All touring in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Highspeed train from Beijing to Xian and Xian to Chengdu
- Locally based professional drivers
TOUR GUIDE & TOUR LEADER
- English-speaking local tour guides who live and breathe the destination – they will bring your itinerary to life
- On top of local tour guides, we will provide an experienced Local Tour Director. He or she will oversee entire journey, accompany your group every day and connect you to the people, places and encounter in a way you’ll never forget.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner
- A Unique & Varied Dining Experience
- Full Breakfast Daily; Select Lunches and Dinners (B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner)
The price depends on the below:
- Projects your group would like to participate
- Desired outcome/Learning objectives for students
- Accommodation level
- Travel date
- Group Size
- Duration of the tour
Please contact us on 1300 739 652 or +61 8 7226 1898
or email firstname.lastname@example.org One of our school travel experts will get back to you shortly.
Your China visas are included in our tour and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 90 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 90 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application.
The visa fee included in our tour is not refundable in any circumstances.
· All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
· If you provide all necessary documents relating to your visa application in less than 90 day before departure, an additional fee of $120 per person will incur.
· It is your sole responsibility for any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities
· Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such an event occurs, we won’t be liable, and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. Please check our term and condition for a ‘’No-show” penalty.