CAMBODIA ADVENTURE SCHOOL TOUR
This "adventure" school tour will introduce your group to outdoor adventures while learning about the fascinating history and culture of Cambodia.
With it’s rich history, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, remarkable landscapes and unique biosphere, the key subjects of history, geography and biology will be brought vividly to life.
Students will learn of the recent dark history of Cambodia by visiting key historical sites and will discover and explore the world’s largest religious complex, Angkor Wat.
We combine inspiring activities such as bike riding through the countryside, zip lining in the jungle and include a visit to the famous “Spider Village”. This tour will introduce students to the people of Cambodia, their culture, and their way of life with a special focus on education and cultural immersion.
Students have the opportunity to participate in meaningful community projects which will provide unique learning outcomes that reach far beyond the classroom.
Your school can incorporate a wide range of projects into this suggested itinerary to suit your trip's outcome. See our Project Types.
This is a suggested itinerary only and can be changed to suit each individual school group. We can specifically tailor each itinerary to ensure that we meet your schools learning objectives and requirements. Whether your students are travelling for a specific topic or looking for something with the cross-curricula value we can meet all of your requirements.
Trip code : CB323TS
Duration : 8 days
Destination : Cambodia
Travel Dates : All year around
- Learn about the Cambodian history, culture, and traditions
- Take part in a community service projects and give back to local communities
- Engage in studies of society and environment
- Connect with environmental issues
- Discover the ancient practices of silk weaving
- Participate in team building exercises such as community service project, bike riding and zip lining
- Enhance perspectives, develop appreciation for diversity and differences
- Develop communication skills within peers and in a foreign environment
- Discover a world more beautiful, diverse, and colourful than any textbook could ever portray
- Develop skills for students through a meaningful overseas experience
- Discover the history and culture in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and visit key sites
- Cycle through the countryside and interact with the local way of life
- Support local communities with a community service activity
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site of Angkor Wat
- Take a trip to the local markets to see the local handicrafts
- Witness the traditional art of weaving in a local village
- Zip line through the jungle in Siem Reap
On arrival in Cambodia's bustling capital, Phnom Penh, your group will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel in Phnom Penh.
After settling in, your guide will meet you at the hotel lobby for a tour briefing and then enjoy a welcome dinner.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
This morning after breakfast we depart for a tour of Phnom Penh. Our first stop is the Royal Palace, which dates back to 1866 and houses the Silver Pagoda. Its original name is Wat Prakeo, meaning Temple of the Emerald Buddha. In this temple you will view a collection of Buddhas in gold, silver, crystal, and bronze.
Next, we visit the National Museum, which is built in traditional Khmer style. It houses a collection of ancient Khmer artistic, archaeological, and religious artifacts from the 4th to the 13th centuries. Over 5,000 pieces are on display, constituting the repository of the Kingdom's cultural wealth.
Our last stop is the Toul Tom Pong Market (Russian Market) which is a great place to browse and shop for art, craft, antiques, wood and marble carvings, and souvenirs.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
This morning we learn of Cambodia’s recent dark history with a visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, which is housed in the former school that was taken over by the Khmer Rouge and used as its main detention and torture centre named ‘S-21’. We then visit the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, to learn more of the confronting, but important history of Cambodia.
After lunch students will set off by bike to discover beautiful rice paddy fields, idyllic countryside, quaint traditional Cambodian villages, and Buddhist temples. As they cycle along students will witness the farming techniques of the local people and see how they farm lemongrass, banana plant, ginger, corn pastures, and cassavas. We stop to visit a silk weaving house where you can learn how people produce silk, and you will have a chance to buy a handmade traditional Cambodia Silk Scarf.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
This morning, after breakfast we leave Phnom Penh and travel to Siem Reap by bus. Our journey will take about 6 hours, with stops along the way. A highlight will be the town of Skuon (Spider Town), where you can see the famous speciality of deep-fried tarantula, which is a favourite snack of many Cambodians.
On arrival in Siem Reap we check into the hotel, and you will have time to cool off in the swimming pool at the hotel.
Tonight, after dinner we visit the famous Siem Reap night markets to browse and shop for local souvenirs and gifts and soak up the atmosphere.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Today after breakfast we leave to explore the UNESCO World heritage Site of Angkor Wat, which was built during the reign of King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century. Inside the temple, the walls are covered with stone carvings and bas-reliefs depicting Hindu mythology and the wars Suryavarman II fought during his reign. Angkor Wat is well known for the more than 2,000 Apsara dancers decorating the temple. We also stop to visit the Ta Prohm Temple, with its maze of trees growing out of temple ruins amidst jungle surroundings, making it one of Angkor’s most popular temples and provides great photo opportunities.
After lunch at a local restaurant we spend the afternoon Ziplining, inside the UNESCO World Heritage designated Angkor Archaeological Park.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Note: Appropriate attire when visiting Angkor temples is long pants (covering the knee) and shirts that cover shoulders. Skirts, small shorts, tank tops, and other items of revealing clothing are not allowed within the temple grounds. Visitors can and are frequently turned away from temples when wearing revealing clothing.
Today take part in a community service project and make a real difference to the lives of the local people. Students will gain new perspectives and build skills through meaningful experiences.
- Working with a team to support disadvantaged children at care centres or orphanages centres and participate in community work.
- Prepare lessons and activities for children in remote areas in Cambodia to learn conversational English and grammar.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Today after breakfast students will continue their community service project for the day.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Today after breakfast you will be transferred to the airport. End of our services.
All of our tours require a reasonable level of fitness. Every traveller on our tours is required the ability to walk around sights on uneven surfaces in both urban and rural / mountainous areas unaided. You'll be getting on and off coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
Please read our itinerary carefully for outline of fitness level to help you select the right holiday for you.
• All persons must be fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
• All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
Our group size ranges from only 2 to 16 people. This means less of your precious time is wasted waiting for others, allowing you to have more time to enjoy your holiday.
For group tours with 10 travellers or more, in addition to the tour guide, we will provide a dedicated tour director (free of charge) who will escort the tour from the beginning to the end.
Our itinerary features sumptuous Welcome and Farewell Dinners for a delightful, authentic culinary experience, whereas the special Chef’s Table experience will take you on an unparalleled culinary demonstration and beautiful menu to feast on.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will do our best to meet your request/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that it can always be accommodated.
• Room Information: All rooms are air-conditioned, Fridge/ Mini Bar in room, Safe box in room
• Triple Share: Available upon request
• Bedding Configuration: Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
• Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms: Available upon request (subject to availability).
• Laundry service is available at hotels/resorts where you will stay during the tour and will incur additional charges if used
• Massage service is available at hotels where you will stay during the tour and will incur additional charges if used.
After purchase, you are required to make a deposit or full payment for your order. Please note most of our deposit is non-refundable. Please check your booking and your invoice for the Terms and Conditions which apply specifically to your booking.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please refer to our cancellation terms.
• Any special requests, preferences MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form
• Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges
Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise to the same destination, departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The new tour/cruise must be at the same cost or higher but cannot be at lower cost than the initial cruise/ tour booked. If the passenger chooses the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
• Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making the deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
• Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares or third-party fees and charges.
• Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours. It is your responsibility to make sure your room is secure.
In general, tipping is widely accepted as a way to show your appreciation of good service but is not compulsory. Tipping is expected and often makes up a large part of people's wages.
• If you are happy with services provided by your tour guides and drivers, a tip is appreciated. Recommended tips - For the guides and drivers - $6US per day per passenger.
• If travel on a river cruises and happy with the services provided by your crews and service onboard. Recommended tips - For the crews and guides - $10US per day per passenger.
All of our tours will include internal flights within the tour, which allow 20kg of check-in luggage and 7kg of carry-on luggage per passenger. A surcharge may apply for oversized/overweight luggage subject to the airline's policy.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours/cruises. It is your responsibility to make sure your room/cabin is secure.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage or other personal belongings.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
You need to provide us your Travel Insurance details upon booking, or at least before 30 days prior to your departure.
If you do not have travel insurance prior to your departure, we retain the rights to refuse boarding/joining our tours or cruises. We might refund / provide travel credits for you, less any unrecoverable fees including but not limited to admin fees, visas fees, other suppliers’ cancellation fees. We won’t be held liable for any costs associated with this matter.
All of our school tours include the below standard inclusions:
- 24/7 local assistance and travel guidance
- Medical kit
- Airport Meet-and-Greet welcome service with the local tour guide
- Assistance with project coordination for community project/services or mission/immersion trips
- Destination and trip Information Packs
- A unique "local-host" experience exclusively offered by Tweet World Travel
- Cambodia Visa
- Stay at excellent hand-selected high-quality 3 or 4- star accommodation in a central location or adjacent to monuments or strategically at the edge of a wilderness.
- We guarantee that students will be located together within the same area in hotels
- Entrance fees at monuments
- Comprehensive sightseeing as per itinerary
- All local government fees & tax
- Arrival and departure airport transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
- All touring in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Locally based professional drivers
TOUR GUIDE & TOUR LEADER
- English-speaking local tour guides who live and breathe the destination – they will bring your itinerary to life
- On top of local tour guides, we will provide an experienced Local Tour Director. He or she will oversee the entire journey, accompany your group every day and connect you to the people, places and encounters in a way you’ll never forget.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner
- A Unique & Varied Dining Experience
- Full Breakfast Daily; Select Lunches and Dinners (B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner)
- Projects your group would like to participate
- Desired outcome/Learning objectives for students
- Accommodation level
- Travel date
- Group Size
- Duration of the tour
Your Cambodia visa is included in our tour and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 90 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 90 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application.
The visa fee included in our tour is not refundable in any circumstances.
· All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
· If you provide all necessary documents relating to your visa application in less than 90 day before departure, an additional fee of $120 per person will incur.
· It is your sole responsibility for any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities
· Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such an event occurs, we won’t be liable, and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. Please check our term and condition for a ‘’No-show” penalty.