9-DAY INDIA ESSENTIAL TOUR
DELHI - JAIPUR - AGRA - JHANSI - KHAJURAHO - VARANASI - LUCKNOW - DELHI
This 9 day India trip encompasses everything that quintessential India has to offer.
Your journey will start in Delhi where old and new live side by side. Experience the splendor of the Mogul Empire, walk through ancient temples and palaces, som,e of them are still use by the Royal Family.
Be touched by the magic of Varanasi and its thousand year old history.
Be prepared to be challenged and bring unforgettable memories back home.
Trip code : CULIND9D
Duration : 9 days
Destination : India
Travel Dates : 2020/2021
- Discover Delhi's modern and ancient history
- Immerse yourself in India's most colorful city, Jaipur
- Visit a life size observatory
- Watch a Bollywood movie at the glitziest cinema in India
- Try the local food from rose scented sweets to spicy kebabs
- See the magnificent Taj Mahal as the sun set down in Agra
- Visit India's city of lights ancient Varanasi, holiest Hindu place
- Watch cows strolling though the alleyways
- Shop for colourful souvenirs and amazing textiles
India’s capital and a major gateway to the country, contemporary Delhi is a bustling metropolis, which successfully combines in its folds - the ancient with the modern. Amidst the fast spiraling skyscrapers the remnants of a bygone time in the form of its many monuments stand as silent reminders to the region’s ancient legacy. The first impressions for any visitor traveling in from the airport are of a specious, garden city, tree-lined with a number of beautiful parks.
Morning: Proceed for full day sightseeing of Old & New Delhi. Visiting Jama Mosque, the largest and most well-known mosque in India and Chandni Chowk. The romance of the bazaars of Delhi can be experienced at its best in and around Chowk and it’s by lanes. Later visit Raj Ghat resting place of Mahatma Gandhi.
After visit proceed to New Delhi drive past by India Gate, President House and Other government building.
Later, visit to Qutub Minar, an 11th century victory tower that rises to height of 73 Meters. It is the first distinct example of proper Mughal style, which was inspired by Persian architecture.
Overnight at hotel
On arrival, transfer to hotel.
Adorned with pink sandstone palaces, majestic forts and verdant green gardens against a scenic backdrop of the Aravalli hills, Jaipur represents the charm of India’s rich past and the sophistication of a flourishing metropolis. Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II founded the city in 1727, when he decided to shift his capital from Amer. A renowned architect, astronomer, and avid scientist, Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II built his capital with geometric precision and made Jaipur one of the best well planned cities in India.
Evening: free to visit local market.
Overnight at hotel.
Afternoon: Visit The City Palace situated in Old city and which has now a fine museum containing rare manuscripts, paintings, royal garments and weapons. It is still inhabited by the Maharaja's family. Close to the palace you'll find one of the most intriguing sights of India, the observatory of Jai Singh known as the Jantar Mantar. The observatory is in a pleasant garden with a 30 metre high sundial, it houses immense astronomical instruments made of marble and brass.
Evening Optional: We may have a chance to enjoy a preview of the latest Bollywood movie in opulent theatre Rajmandir.
Overnight at hotel.
Fatehpur Sikri is the Emperor Akbar's deserted royal city. This impressive and well-preserved citadel became his capital in 1571. Visit the mosque, designed to hold 10,000 worshippers, the palaces, residences and halls of audience are all made of decorative red sandstone.
Afterwards we , continue towards Agra. The City is not only home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World - Taj Mahal but also houses other historical monuments, architectural grandeur ventures and the beautiful marbles, Agra thrives as one of the tourist destination in India. The city is known for its superb inlay work on marble by craftsmen supposedly with a lineage dating back to the Mughals. Agra’s handicrafts also include carpets, gold thread embroidery and leather shoes.
On arrival visit the Red Fort. The mighty sandstone walls enclose, the beautiful white marble Pearl Mosque and the palaces, halls, courtyards. It is here that the Emperor Shah Jahan spent his last years, imprisoned by his own son Aurangzeb.
After Red Fort we visit the beautiful Taj Mahal at sunset (*) ; built by the Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died in 1631. During 22 years until 1653 over 20 000 workers work in the Taj Mahal. Tons of marble was transported from Rajasthan and carried by camels or elephants Emperor Shah Jahan uses all his fortune to build this fabulous pyramid-shaped palace; 73 metres high, flanked by four big minarets looking like birthday candles….!
(*Closed on Friday)
Overnight at hotel.
After visit continue to Khajuraho. On arrival transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Khajuraho is famous for its exotic temples. It is India's unique gift to the world, representing, a paean to life, to love, to joy, perfect in execution and expression. Every facet of life, has been captured in stone, testifying not only to the craftsman's artistry but also to the extraordinary breadth of vision of the Chandela Rajputs under whose rule the temples were conceived and constructed.
Later visit the Khajuraho Group of Monuments a group of Hindu and Jain temples. These are amongst the most beautiful medieval monuments in India. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, they have awed generations with their architectural brilliance, intricate carvings and, most famously, their erotic sculptures.
(Check-out time at hotel is 1200 hrs)
In time transfer to railway station to connect train to Varanasi for your overnight journey
** Express train does not operate on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Also this is the only direct train between Khajuraho and Varanasi.
On arrival transfer to the hotel.
Afternoon: Excursion to Sarnath, where Buddha gave his first sermon in the teaching of the "middle path" to Nirvana. Some magnificent stupas and other buildings were built during the rule of Emperor Ashoka. Also visit the Sarnath Museum (remains close on Friday).
Evening: Witness the Aarti ceremony on banks of river Ganges.
Overnight at hotel.
After visit return to hotel for breakfast. Later visit temples.
In time transfer to railway station to connect Intercity Express to Lucknow.
Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh and it has always been a multicultural city. Courtly manners, beautiful gardens, poetry, music, and fine cuisine are well known. Lucknow is popularly known as the The City of Nawabs. It is also known as the Golden City of the East, Shiraz-i-Hind and The Constantinople of India.
On arrival, transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Walk through the local market area and see the Chikankari work (special hand embroidery technique).
Enjoy a short Tonga ride.
Option to taste and see the preparation of Tunda Kabab (a speciality of Lucknow).
In time transfer to railway station to connect train to New Delhi.
On arrival, transfer to airport to board your flight to onward destination.
Tour cost includes:-
- Accommodation in above mentioned hotels on full board basis.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure.
- Transportation by air –conditioned vehicle.
- Accommodation of 07 nights in Twin bedded / double bedded sharing rooms on full board basis (room + breakfast + Lunch + Dinner) + one overnight train Khajuraho to Varanasi.
- All visits/excursions as per program with English speaking local guide.
- Entrance fees to visit monuments as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Train ticket for Jhansi – Agra, Lucknow – New Delhi & Varanasi – Lucknow in AC chair car, Khajuraho - Varanasi in AC-3 tier sleeper class.
- Government taxes
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort and descend by Jeep.
- Rickshaw ride in Jaipur local market.
- Bollywood cinema show in Rajmandir cinema.
- Tonga ride experience in Agra.
- Magic show in Agra.
- Assistance on arrival and departure each city by the local representative.
- All applicable government taxes
** Train bookings opens 120 days prior to travel date. Seats are subject to availability at the time of booking. Any changes / delay in train schedule are decided by Indian Railways authority and are beyond our control.
All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
Not only is it important that you ensure that you have valid passports, some countries require visas and re‐entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. If your visas are included in our package and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 30 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 30 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application. The visa fee included in our package is not refundable in any circumstances. If you require us to assist with visa application in less than 30 days before your departure date, an additional fee will be required for urgent visa processing.
Note: Please be advised that visa requirements are subject to change and that visa procurement is the responsibility of the traveller. The following requirements are for Australian citizens holding an Australian Passport – if your passport is from another country then you are advised to consult with the embassy or consulate. Passports must be valid for the countries through which a ship or tour passes. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure the validity and conformity of their passport. Check whether a single entry or multiple entry visa is required/ available.
You need a visa to enter India. Visas must be arranged before arrival.
The Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is available to eligible Australians for tourism, business and/or medical-related travel for up to 60 days. Get it at least four days before you arrive in India. Double entry is permitted for those travelling on a tourist or business e-Visa. Triple entry is permitted for those travelling on a medical e-Visa. An e-Visa may only be used a maximum of two times in a calendar year. Find more information about the eligibility criteria on the Government of India's e-Visa website. Beware of fake websites offering the e-Visa service. Make sure you are eligible for an e-Visa before you apply.
Carry a printed copy of your e-Visa (known as an electronic travel authorisation of ETA). A formal visa will be put in your passport on arrival in India. Long queues are common at immigration counters in India, regardless of visa type
Not all international airports in India allow passengers to enter with an e-Visa. The e-Visa is only valid for entry through 24 designated airports. If you want to enter through another location, arrange for an Indian visa before you arrive through an Indian High Commission, Consulate, Embassy or agent. If you arrive with an e-Visa at an entry point where the e-Visa is not recognised, you won't be able to apply for any other visa. You won't be allowed in and deported. If you hold an e-Visa you may leave from any authorised immigration check point in India
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including local suppliers’ fees, admin fees, any ticket/voucher re‐issue fees, etc.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted/invoice or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing. Even once payment has been paid in full but an error in price has been found, Tweet World Travel reserve the right to correct any error of outstanding amount.
Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
You will be required to pay deposit after booking confirmation:
- Private Tours or small Group Tours is $500 Per Person
- Large Groups (more than 15 people) / School Tours is $700 Per Person
- Short packages, shore excursion, hotel etc. is $250 Per Person
If you cancel your booking at any time, your deposit is non-refundable, or depend on each package's terms & conditions.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending/paid a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this booking. The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
- All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does not, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or cruise which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the tour or cruise
1.2 Final balance
Outstanding balance depends on the type of service you are undertaking:
- For private tours/packages or other products, outstanding balance is due 65 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 65, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- For large group tours and school tours, outstanding balance is due 90 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 90, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- All airfares must be paid in full at the time of booking confirmation
- Deposit will due immediately or within three day of your booking confirmed. It will be applied based on the specific product
- Final balance will be due before 65 days or 90 days before departure date
- You can make a payment by Enett, Bank Transfer, Cheque or Credit Card
Credit Card Fee
- The following Card Fees apply:
- Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card ‐ 1.76% fee applies.
- American Express (Amex) ‐ 2.8% fee applies.
- For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. LATE BOOKING
Any booking made within 110 days before departure will require payment in full when the booking is confirmed.
Bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure for Group Tours or Escorted Tours will incur a late booking fee of $120 per person and must be paid in full at the time of booking.
4. AMENDMENTS FEES
After bookings are deposited, any amendment has to be requested in writing and incurs $69 fee per person, plus any additional costs and administrative expenses incurred in arranging the alteration.Alterations will be made at our discretion and may not always be possible.
5. SAFETY NET PROTECTION
- Safety Net Protection is not included in our tour/cruise packages. If you wish to purchase safety net protection, an additional fee of $95 per person will occur. This is only valid for one-time use (claim).
· Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise on the same destination departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties. The new tour must be at the same cost or higher, but cannot be at lower cost than the initial tour booked. If the passengers choose the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
· Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
· Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares, or third-party fees and charges.
· Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
6. TRAVEL VOUCHER
Your travel voucher will be issue and send that to you or your travel agent from 15 -30 days before your departure. Make sure you have your travel voucher before you travel.
Please check with your consultant, your travel insurance provider or read our cancellation policy carefully before cancelling or amending your booking. For a specific tour / cruise package, a separate cancellation policy might be set out and applied to your booking.
Please see the below for our general cancellation policy.
7.1 Cancellation by customer
Before the travel date the following fees will be apply:
Private Tours or Group Tours/ Packages
Large Group Tours & School Tours
(More than 15 people)
65 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
90 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
64‐40 days before departure – 55%
89‐79 days before departure – 65%
39‐31 days before departure – 75%
78‐61 days before departure – 85%
Within 30 days of departure – 100%
Within 60 days of departure – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
If your tour/package includes international/domestic flights the airlines cancellation policies will be apply.
7.2 Cancellation by Tweet World Travel
For group set departure date tour, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary the tour 30 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable Tweet World Travel will refund the full price paid, less visa cost.
If a tour is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties.
7.3 Cancellation by Local Supplier or Third-Party Travel Provider
If the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
If you do not want your images to be displayed, you have to advise us in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.