8-DAY Spirit of Laos
Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Pakse and the South
This countrywide tour enables you to experience the three main centres of Laos, Luang Prabang, Vientiane and the beautiful southern region of Laos. Some interesting excursions are thrown in, making this an unforgettable journey
Trip code : SPRLAOS8D
Duration : 8 days
Destination : Laos
Travel Dates : 2020/2021
- Explore the "Cave of a thousand Buddha's"
- Discover Vientiane hidden treasures and museums
- Sample local food and shop for unique hand crafted souvenirs
- Trek through primary forest and spot local wildlife
- Learn abut the burial rituals of the Alak people
- Visit he largest waterfall in South East Asia,Khone Phapheng
- Swim in pristine turquoise pools of water amid the forest jungle
- Explore small Islands along the Mekong
In the afternoon we will stop at the Arts and Ethnology Centre which gives us a further insight into the ethnic mix and culture of Laos. We then visit the weaving and textile villages of Ban Xangkhong and Ban Xienglek. Our final stop of the day is a climb Mt Phousi, which offers a spectacular sunset and a panoramic view over Luang Prabang and the Mekong River.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
After lunch we say good bye to the village and drive to Ban Khoklin, the drive will take us through some beautiful scenery of mountains and paddy fields. At Ban Khoklin we board a private boat down the Nam Ou river to Pak Ou Caves, the caves are crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. We will continue down the Mekong River to the picturesque village of Ban Chan, a pottery village. We will arrive back in Luang Prabang, late afternoon.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
This morning you will be transferred to the airport in time for your flight to Vientiane, upon arrival in the capital you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Your half day city tour, begin with a visit to the oldest, Wat Sisaket home to thousands of miniature Buddha statue we will also visit the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo
Visit the sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, and take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. Our final stop is a visit to the COPE exhibition centre, centre highlights the consequences of unexplored ordnance and mines to the general population. COPE is also a rehabilitation centre for people with disabilities and trains local staff in prosthetic and orthotics
Upon arrival you will be met and transferred directly onto a private traditional boat for a 2-hour cruise to Champassak. Disembark at the ancient town, of the Champa Kingdom; continue by car to Wat Phou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2002. Wat Phou is the site of ruins which were once part of a temple built some time before Angkor Wat in Siem Reap. It contains some of the most Ancient Khmer architectures dating e back to the 7th century.
In the afternoon you will drive to Don Khong, an area of 4000 islands which is the widest point of the Mekong River during the rainy season, although during the dry months the river recedes, leaving behind thousands of islands and islets. This area of the river is also famous for being the home to the endangered Irrawaddy dolphins. En route, we visit the atmospheric ruins of the Khmer temple of Oup Mong at Ban Houei Tomo, located in the forest. Arrive at Khong Island via ferry early evening. Overnight on Khong Island
We return to the mainland at the fishing village of Ban Nakasang and drive further south to visit Khone Phapheng. Khone Phapheng is considered the largest waterfall by volume in South East Asia; this is a really impressive site near the Lao-Cambodian border, The site is also teeming with wildlife, making this area one of the most breathtaking destinations in Laos.
Then we drive back Khong Isand.
The Bolaven Plateau is known for its cooler temperature being located high above the Mekong Valley. Our first stop is to visit Houey Ten, a Katu village specializing in knifemaking. We then stop tea plantation, followed by a stop at Tad Fan Waterfall, a picturesque twin chute waterfall. We then make a stop at a coffee plantation, en route to Tha Teng Market, a colourful ethnic minority food market.
Next we explore another interesting minority village, Ban Bong Neua, an Alak village, that boasts a sacrificial altar. We arrive at the beautiful Tadlo Waterfall in the afternoon, where you can relax and cool off in the pools below the waterfall.
In the afternoon, we head back to Pakse, stopping at Ban Houi Hun, an Alak weaving village,the Alak also store coffins under their houses as pat of the traditional beliefs. Then we will stop at another picturesque waterfall, Paxuam, before arriving back in Pakse by late afternoon.
Overnight at Tadlo
- Transportation in private vehicle
- Domestic air ticket LPQ-VTE-PKZ
- Private Boat trip as stated in above sights
- English speaking guide
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- Meals: daily breakfast at hotel, lunch/dinner where stated only
- Gov’t tax and service charge
- Luggage handling and drinking water
Tourist Visa Requirements.
All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
Not only is it important that you ensure that you have valid passports, some countries require visas and re‐entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. If your visas are included in our package and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 30 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 30 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application. The visa fee included in our package is not refundable in any circumstances. If you require us to assist with visa application in less than 30 days before your departure date, an additional fee will be required for urgent visa processing.
Note: Please be advised that visa requirements are subject to change and that visa procurement is the responsibility of the traveller. The following requirements are for Australian citizens holding an Australian Passport – if your passport is from another country then you are advised to consult with the embassy or consulate. Passports must be valid for the countries through which a ship or tour passes. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure the validity and conformity of their passport. Check whether a single entry or multiple entry visa is required/ available.
You'll need a visa to enter Laos. If you're visiting Laos for tourism, you can get a 30-day tourist visa on arrival at a number of locations, including the International Airports in Vientiane and Luang Prabang and at some land border crossings. To apply you'll need two blank pages in your passport and two recent passport-size photos.
Some travellers to Laos choose to travel by road to Thailand to renew their visa for Laos. Since December 2016, Thailand has limited this practice by restricting the number of visa exemptions it will grant for entries to Thailand by land to two per person per calendar year. This restriction doesn't apply to arrivals in Thailand through international airports. Use only official border crossing points to enter Laos and make sure you get an entry stamp on arrival. If you don't, you could be fined or detained. Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the date you intend to return to Australia. Lao immigration authorities may refuse you entry, or fine you, if you have less than six months' validity.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including local suppliers’ fees, admin fees, any ticket/voucher re‐issue fees, etc.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted/invoice or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing. Even once payment has been paid in full but an error in price has been found, Tweet World Travel reserve the right to correct any error of outstanding amount.
Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
You will be required to pay deposit after booking confirmation:
- Private Tours or small Group Tours is $500 Per Person
- Large Groups (more than 15 people) / School Tours is $700 Per Person
- Short packages, shore excursion, hotel etc. is $250 Per Person
If you cancel your booking at any time, your deposit is non-refundable, or depend on each package's terms & conditions.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending/paid a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this booking. The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
- All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does not, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or cruise which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the tour or cruise
1.2 Final balance
Outstanding balance depends on the type of service you are undertaking:
- For private tours/packages or other products, outstanding balance is due 65 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 65, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- For large group tours and school tours, outstanding balance is due 90 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 90, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- All airfares must be paid in full at the time of booking confirmation
- Deposit will due immediately or within three day of your booking confirmed. It will be applied based on the specific product
- Final balance will be due before 65 days or 90 days before departure date
- You can make a payment by Enett, Bank Transfer, Cheque or Credit Card
Credit Card Fee
- The following Card Fees apply:
- Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card ‐ 1.76% fee applies.
- American Express (Amex) ‐ 2.8% fee applies.
- For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at email@example.com
3. LATE BOOKING
Any booking made within 110 days before departure will require payment in full when the booking is confirmed.
Bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure for Group Tours or Escorted Tours will incur a late booking fee of $120 per person and must be paid in full at the time of booking.
4. AMENDMENTS FEES
After bookings are deposited, any amendment has to be requested in writing and incurs $69 fee per person, plus any additional costs and administrative expenses incurred in arranging the alteration.Alterations will be made at our discretion and may not always be possible.
5. SAFETY NET PROTECTION
- Safety Net Protection is not included in our tour/cruise packages. If you wish to purchase safety net protection, an additional fee of $95 per person will occur. This is only valid for one-time use (claim).
· Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise on the same destination departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties. The new tour must be at the same cost or higher, but cannot be at lower cost than the initial tour booked. If the passengers choose the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
· Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
· Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares, or third-party fees and charges.
· Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
6. TRAVEL VOUCHER
Your travel voucher will be issue and send that to you or your travel agent from 15 -30 days before your departure. Make sure you have your travel voucher before you travel.
Please check with your consultant, your travel insurance provider or read our cancellation policy carefully before cancelling or amending your booking. For a specific tour / cruise package, a separate cancellation policy might be set out and applied to your booking.
Please see the below for our general cancellation policy.
7.1 Cancellation by customer
Before the travel date the following fees will be apply:
Private Tours or Group Tours/ Packages
Large Group Tours & School Tours
(More than 15 people)
65 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
90 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
64‐40 days before departure – 55%
89‐79 days before departure – 65%
39‐31 days before departure – 75%
78‐61 days before departure – 85%
Within 30 days of departure – 100%
Within 60 days of departure – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
If your tour/package includes international/domestic flights the airlines cancellation policies will be apply.
7.2 Cancellation by Tweet World Travel
For group set departure date tour, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary the tour 30 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable Tweet World Travel will refund the full price paid, less visa cost.
If a tour is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties.
7.3 Cancellation by Local Supplier or Third-Party Travel Provider
If the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
If you do not want your images to be displayed, you have to advise us in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.