8-DAY Myanmar Discovery Tour
Mandalay - Kengtung - Yangon - Ngapali - Yangon
Enjoy the best of Myanmar on this 8-day tour that will cover the must see sights.
Myanmar is a mysterious land, steep in Buddhist beliefs, be amazed by gold covered temples, trek through the country side and meet the local minorities, laze by pristine beaches.
As always we will make sure you stay in deluxe accommodation and use superior transport throughout your journey
Trip code : DISMYR8D
Duration : 8 days
Destination : Myanmar
Travel Dates : 2020/2021
- Visit Myanmar's old Royal capital
- Sample Myanmar food and hospitality
- Catch the perfect sunset at Yagon’s holiest site Shwedagon Paya. This gilded pagoda is studded with nearly 5,000 diamonds and is said to contain eight hairs of the Buddha
- Visit a Buddhist monastery in the former Shan capital, be in awe of the Mandalay type Buddhas
- Be amazed at the luscious jungle in the Pin Tauk Area, visit the different ethnic groups that inhabit this magical part of Myanmar
- Discover Ngapali beach and swim in clear waters
- Shop for locally made souvenirs
We will then proceed to Sagaing, a popular spot with Buddhist devotees, to enjoy a magnificent view of the surrounding area. Then stop with the Pagoda Soon U Ponnya Shin, the pagoda has been richly decorated and offers magnificent views.
Lunch at local restaurant.
En route to Mandalay we visit Amarapura the former royal capital of Myanmar. We will see the 200- years –old U Bein Bridge, built in 1782 and is entirely constructed of teak wood.
Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Today we will take a boat from the Ayeyarwaddy River to Mingun (45min approximately). Visit one of the world largest bell, weighing 90 tons known as Mingun Bell. We will then explore Hsinbyume Paya and the unfinished Mingun Paya, built as one of the largest Saudis by King Bodawpaya. Return by boat to Mandalay.
Lunch on boat during visit.
In the afternoon, visits with the Shwenandaw monastery (or Golden Palace monastery) a superb example of a traditional craftmanship, and Kuthodaw Pagoda, home to the world’s largest book, consisting of 729 marble slabs engraved with Buddhist scriptures.
Dinner at local restaurant.
Overnight at hotel.
Transfer to Mandalay airport for domestic flight to Kyaing Tong, the former Shan capital. Arrive Kyaing Tong, transfer to hotel. Lunch at a local restaurant. Start sightseeing tour with MahaMyat Muni Pagoda, housing Mandalay style Buddha image. We will also visit the nearby a monastery where the monks learn "Khun" language, which is very similar to the language uses Northern Thailand.
Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Upon arrival you’ll meet your local guide who will introduce you to the villagers of Aka and A tribes. Some of the local tribes follow Christian beliefs while others are still animists. The Ann people are locally known as the “kindest tribe” in the region. Please note some of the Ann villages are on hills, be prepared for a steep walk no longer than half an hour. Lunch
Total journey will take about 6 hours to visit different the villages, including visiting local homes .
Late afternoon come back to Kyaing Tong.
Transfer to Kyaing Tong airport for domestic flight to Yangon.
Arrive at Yangon.
Visit Chaukhtetgyi pagoda home to the most revered Buddha Yangon. The laying Budha is 66 metres long and has a very eningmatic smile!
Lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch, we have an extended visit to the 2,500 years old Shwedagon Pagoda. The pagoda stadns vlose to close to 110 metres . The whole structure is covered with hundreds of gold plates and the top of the stupa is encrusted with 4531 diamonds; the largest of which is a 72 carat diamond. It is clearly one of the wonders of the religious world.
Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Transfer to Yangon Airport for domestic flight to Thandawe.
Leisure time at Ngapali.,Myanmar's premier beach destination. Enjoy pristine, palm-tree-fringed white sand, clear waters and fresh seafood.
Overnight at hotel
Overnight at hotel.
Transfer to airport of Thandwe and fly back to Yangon.
Leisure time until the transfer to the airport.
Transfer to the international airport
- All transfers and visits mentioned in the program
- Accommodation with double room including breakfast (described in the program)
- Entrance fees of sites & the visit mentioned in the program
- The service English speaking regional guide
- Domestic flights Mandalay -Kengtung /Kengtung-Yangon/ Yangon-Thandwe/ Thandwe-Yangon
- A bottle of water per person / day
- Welcome gift card + Burma
Tourist Visa Requirements.
All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
Not only is it important that you ensure that you have valid passports, some countries require visas and re‐entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. If your visas are included in our package and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 30 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 30 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application. The visa fee included in our package is not refundable in any circumstances. If you require us to assist with visa application in less than 30 days before your departure date, an additional fee will be required for urgent visa processing.
Note: Please be advised that visa requirements are subject to change and that visa procurement is the responsibility of the traveller. The following requirements are for Australian citizens holding an Australian Passport – if your passport is from another country then you are advised to consult with the embassy or consulate. Passports must be valid for the countries through which a ship or tour passes. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure the validity and conformity of their passport. Check whether a single entry or multiple entry visa is required/ available.
You'll need a visa to enter Myanmar. Application for a visa can be made at your closest Embassy of The Republic of the Union of Myanmar prior to travel.
Alternatively, if you are travelling for tourism or business you can apply for an e-Visa online for use at select entry points. Apply for an e-Visa directly through the Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population website. Print out the e-Visa approval letter and present it to Myanmar immigration authorities on arrival.
E-Visas can be used to enter Myanmar at:
- Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw international airports
- Tachilek, Myawaddy and Kawthoung (land border crossings with Thailand)
- Tamu and Rih Khaw Dar (land border crossings with India).
E-Visas can't be used for entry at seaports. Cruise passengers must arrange visas in advance.
Be aware of unauthorized websites that claim to offer e-Visas. While some websites will provide a legitimate visa for an additional fee, there are other websites that are fraudulent. Be careful about using links in emails or other websites to access the official site. To avoid such scams, only use official Myanmar Government services to arrange your visa.
Travel to parts of Myanmar is strictly controlled by government authorities, including through visa conditions. Australians have been deported and detained for visa offences.
If you overstay your visa, you won't be allowed to leave until you pay a fine. You can also be arrested or deported. Myanmar authorities can blacklist you, which means you may never be allowed to return to Myanmar.
If you breach your visa conditions, you could be arrested or deported.
Border crossings - Travel to or from Myanmar by land border crossing is possible, but is restricted to a limited number of crossing points. All these crossing points are within areas where we advise you to reconsider your need to travel.
Border crossings may close with little or no notice. Since November 2016, foreigners have not been permitted to travel to the Muse (Shan State) - Ruili (China) border crossing because of civil unrest in the area. Tourists are required to stay in registered hotels and guesthouses only.
If you plan to stay for more than 90 days, you must register your residential address with the immigration authorities and obtain a Foreigner's Registration Card (FRC). You must notify any changes or temporary absences to your address.
Customs regulations are restrictive. Officials strictly limit what is brought into the country. Customs authorities are particularly sensitive about the entry of some communications equipment (such as electronic drones or radio networks).
If you don't declare restricted or prohibited items, they may be confiscated. Customs officials may hold undeclared items for collection upon departure.
There are strict rules governing the export of local gems, antiques and Buddha images. If you plan to take something home with you, check that it can be exported legally before you buy it. Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date you intend to return to Australia
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including local suppliers’ fees, admin fees, any ticket/voucher re‐issue fees, etc.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted/invoice or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing. Even once payment has been paid in full but an error in price has been found, Tweet World Travel reserve the right to correct any error of outstanding amount.
Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
You will be required to pay deposit after booking confirmation:
- Private Tours or small Group Tours is $500 Per Person
- Large Groups (more than 15 people) / School Tours is $700 Per Person
- Short packages, shore excursion, hotel etc. is $250 Per Person
If you cancel your booking at any time, your deposit is non-refundable, or depend on each package's terms & conditions.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending/paid a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this booking. The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
- All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does not, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or cruise which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the tour or cruise
1.2 Final balance
Outstanding balance depends on the type of service you are undertaking:
- For private tours/packages or other products, outstanding balance is due 65 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 65, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- For large group tours and school tours, outstanding balance is due 90 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 90, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- All airfares must be paid in full at the time of booking confirmation
- Deposit will due immediately or within three day of your booking confirmed. It will be applied based on the specific product
- Final balance will be due before 65 days or 90 days before departure date
- You can make a payment by Enett, Bank Transfer, Cheque or Credit Card
Credit Card Fee
- The following Card Fees apply:
- Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card ‐ 1.76% fee applies.
- American Express (Amex) ‐ 2.8% fee applies.
- For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. LATE BOOKING
Any booking made within 110 days before departure will require payment in full when the booking is confirmed.
Bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure for Group Tours or Escorted Tours will incur a late booking fee of $120 per person and must be paid in full at the time of booking.
4. AMENDMENTS FEES
After bookings are deposited, any amendment has to be requested in writing and incurs $69 fee per person, plus any additional costs and administrative expenses incurred in arranging the alteration.Alterations will be made at our discretion and may not always be possible.
5. SAFETY NET PROTECTION
- Safety Net Protection is not included in our tour/cruise packages. If you wish to purchase safety net protection, an additional fee of $95 per person will occur. This is only valid for one-time use (claim).
· Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise on the same destination departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties. The new tour must be at the same cost or higher, but cannot be at lower cost than the initial tour booked. If the passengers choose the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
· Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
· Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares, or third-party fees and charges.
· Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
6. TRAVEL VOUCHER
Your travel voucher will be issue and send that to you or your travel agent from 15 -30 days before your departure. Make sure you have your travel voucher before you travel.
Please check with your consultant, your travel insurance provider or read our cancellation policy carefully before cancelling or amending your booking. For a specific tour / cruise package, a separate cancellation policy might be set out and applied to your booking.
Please see the below for our general cancellation policy.
7.1 Cancellation by customer
Before the travel date the following fees will be apply:
Private Tours or Group Tours/ Packages
Large Group Tours & School Tours
(More than 15 people)
65 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
90 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
64‐40 days before departure – 55%
89‐79 days before departure – 65%
39‐31 days before departure – 75%
78‐61 days before departure – 85%
Within 30 days of departure – 100%
Within 60 days of departure – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
If your tour/package includes international/domestic flights the airlines cancellation policies will be apply.
7.2 Cancellation by Tweet World Travel
For group set departure date tour, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary the tour 30 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable Tweet World Travel will refund the full price paid, less visa cost.
If a tour is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties.
7.3 Cancellation by Local Supplier or Third-Party Travel Provider
If the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
If you do not want your images to be displayed, you have to advise us in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.